register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : Modifitseerimine : PROCOMP CDI IGNITION WITH REV LIM. (MSD 6AL)  
Poster Message
fasttoomas
PROCOMP CDI IGNITION WITH REV LIM. (MSD 6AL)

Good afternoon.
I am wondering why there is this one regulator? (Includes a Single stage soft touch rev limiter), and it gives my car?
Thank you.

I have a stroker block 383, I have to put 6500 rpm?
01.01.2011 at 16:28 1 edit. Last edited 01.01.2011 at 16:28 by fasttoomas
Tuulepoiss

Hello

rev limiter changes the rpm rate when the box takes out of spark.
If you turn the rev limiter to 6500 rpm then 6501 rmp no spark.

It gives to your engine way to survive if you forget to lift up your foot on the gas pedal.

I have understand that way.

Dodge Ram 1500 08 345 cid Hemi 4x4
18.02.2011 at 01:04
rnx69

Well, I hope that you haven't yet bought that ignition box. These units are not overly highly rated considering reliability. Some named brand would be better choice.

I have bought a ProComp distributor once and mechanically it was top notch, but the ignition module inside worked for about week or so only. I replaced it with stock unit from old distributor and it's been good 'til today. It seems that ProComp elecronics department has some quality control issues, as the mechanical parts are pretty good.

In case of having that box, try to mount it somewhere inside of the car, under the dash for example. The worst enemy seems to be underhood heat for these specific boxes, I read a topic from thirdgen.org forum some time ago, where one guy had to replace his ProComp unit like two times when it was mounted on the firewall and the third box seemed to stay after putting it to the saloon.

21.02.2011 at 13:08 1 edit. Last edited 21.02.2011 at 13:13 by rnx69
tqhq.ee foorum : Modifitseerimine : PROCOMP CDI IGNITION WITH REV LIM. (MSD 6AL)  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.