register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : Hooldus ja remont : racegas & octane boosters  
Poster Message
Lotuse poiss
racegas & octane boosters
Hello boys, and girls.

Just came back from busy week in sweden, The lotus is in pieces because of a burnt up cupper ring in the headgasket. I could have arranged a new one together with 12,5 thumbs slicks but since i knew i would not be here there was no idea.

Sorry,

The show will go on -but next year with bigger turbos and new Programmable injection/ignition and hopefully better headgasket, the old one was made by same company who makes headgasket for Ferrari F40 and Porsche but a spike melt it down probably because of the shity petrol that they sell here. Shit happens its racing.

Do not worry i wont race with a SUPRA i need it like a cool reliable wintercar while the Lotus is under rebuilding. So all suggestions welcome.

Lotusepoiss will remain.

See you all next year and thanks to MC boys and Pärtelpoeg for a fine job.

By the way who wants to tune supra -it has only 330 HP and only 3.0 l engine Lotus has 3.6.
Nothing beats cubic inches........................
My friends at www.welcome.to/opellotus are now rebuilding their engine at projects and several tuning companies offer rebuilding for 1400HP for cost 10 000 dollars!

Beat that Supras !

18.09.2002 at 20:00
peep

You should run on race gas, it's cheap insurance. Octane booster is another possibility, not so good but helps anyway.
18.09.2002 at 23:56
Lotuse poiss

Peep: Any ideas where to buy race fuel in Estonia?

Someone said that aircraft fuel 112 octane must be good and it is under heavy regulations.?

Ubbe
19.09.2002 at 09:07
Quattro

quote:
Lotuse poiss:
Peep: Any ideas where to buy race fuel in Estonia?

Someone said that aircraft fuel 112 octane must be good and it is under heavy regulations.?

Ubbe

Lennukikütus aitab klapid ära põletada ja tal pole määrimisomadusi. Nestest saab osta rallika kütust.

19.09.2002 at 09:31
jyrki
Some people here have used aircraft fuel here, but there is quite a variotion in the octane range and quality. Some others are using regular gas and adding 10% of toluene(?) in their turbo cars with 2+ bar pressures. The rally gas does not much good, since the octane rating is practically the same as in the pump gas. True racegas would propably be the best solution.
19.09.2002 at 10:38
peep

Soovitan kõigil lugeda selle kunagi jaanuse poolt postitatud lingi taga olevat informatsiooni - seal on praktiliselt kõik bensiiniga seonduvad küsimused ära vastatud.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/gasoline-faq/

Lotus: don't know who sells true racegas here, but I think few people here are using it, may-be they will chime-in here and let you know.

You can try also homebrewed octane boosters - here are few recipies:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/gasoline-octane.html
19.09.2002 at 11:05
smr
quote:
peep:
Lotus: don't know who sells true racegas here, but I think few people here are using it, may-be they will chime-in here and let you know.

You can try also homebrewed octane boosters - here are few recipies:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/gasoline-octane.html

võdusõidus sai ka sel suvel kasutatud lennujaamast ostetud BP (???? pole enam üldse kindel, kas oli see firma) 110 bensiin liitrihinnaga 30 EEKu
19.09.2002 at 11:23
ats

Ain ostis Muraka käest minu teada.
S2000 liikus sellega aeglasemalt ning Leedu poisid arvasid, et race bensiin põleb aeglasemalt - sellepärast. (eelnevalt sai ka teisel katsel ECU tühjaks tehtud ning mõnda aega uue bensiiniga ringi sõidetud)
19.09.2002 at 11:27
peep

quote:
ats: Ain ostis Muraka käest minu teada.
S2000 liikus sellega aeglasemalt ning Leedu poisid arvasid, et race bensiin põleb aeglasemalt - sellepärast. (eelnevalt sai ka teisel katsel ECU tühjaks tehtud ning mõnda aega uue bensiiniga ringi sõidetud)

Loogiline ju, et liikus aeglasemalt - siin kah teema korduvalt läbitud. Optimaalne on kasutada minimaalse oktaanarvuga bensiini(st. mida väiksem seda parem) mille kasutamisel detonatsiooni ei teki.
19.09.2002 at 11:33
Lotuse poiss
Hi boys and girls.

I will start to take in real fuel from Sweden or States.

The Brand i have heard most good about is:
Race Fuel 66

This fuel mix is like a concentrate containing octanebooster and oxygen, it is easily mixed with normal 98 octane fuel.
My friends in sweden is allowed to use maximum 100 octane and they use 92% 98 octane fuel and 8% which gives close to 99.9 octane according to their meters. But higher percent gives up to 110 octanes. But that is maximum what they recomend.

Prices as followed:

25 liter concentrate costs ruftly 1700 EEK excluding transport but including customsfee.
Transport is around 500 EEK less if many orders.

If we will get 8 people we order a barrel which costs 12 000 we get down prices to around 1500 EEK per 25L

If big need occurs i will take a real discussion about the prices to get them lover but right now i am not their biggest customer and not in right position.

Intrested? Give me a mail at urban.eriksson@npp.se

If anybody knows cheaper please write here.

Ubbe

30.09.2002 at 18:40
jyrki
One thing that came to my mind about the race gasses and the air fuel is that many of them are leade. That means that in a fuel injected car using lambda sensors or even non fuel injected using some air/fuel ratio meters using Lambdas do not work correctly.
01.10.2002 at 12:45
Lotuse poiss
Hi again,

Yes you are absolutely right....

Normal cars in Estonia and mostly from old German cars use a lambda sensor known for breaking with leaded fuel.
The lead reacts with the oxygensensor and break down the capacity to measure (its blocking).
This concentrate i was about to use is used for streetcars with lambda so i take for sure its not leaded.

(why to lead a fuel when no new cars or tuned cars need the lead for lubrication) Maybe some old V8s need it? And why to put in the additive? If you need it im sure you buy leaded fuel from the beginning. And the lead itself wont give you higher octane what i know.

I will call and ask for sure.

If the case is so there is both smallband lambdas and wideband to use when leaded fuel is used. They look the same and fits directly (they are made for markets where they always had leaded fuel a bit longer in the 1990s) but uses other material.

See you/

Ubbe
01.10.2002 at 14:32
Lotuse poiss
Hello,

Just talked with technical support for race fuel 66.

He says that almost no companies uses lead in there racefuels anymore. But 10 years ago almost all had it.

Race fuel 66 has no lead inside.

Start to order.
I talked also with marketing and lower prices is no problem when bigger quantities.

Ubbe
01.10.2002 at 18:35
tqhq.ee foorum : Hooldus ja remont : racegas & octane boosters  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.