register | account recovery | profile | help / abiinfo | search
show today's posts | mark all read
ukraina
tqhq.ee foorum : Hooldus ja remont : GM400 käigukasti probleemid  
Poster Message
hermit
GM400 käigukasti probleemid
Tere,

On juhtumisi selline auto nagu Jaguar XJ12 Sovereign HE. Auto on olnud pikka aega paranduses/restaureerimises, ning aeg on niikaugel et mootori kaprem. hakkab vaikselt valmis saama. See aga toob järgmise mure juurde, nimelt autol on miskit häda käigukastiga. Tal on GM400 usa kast all. Kinnitused on teised, aga muidu on täiesti tavaline gm400. Kirjutangi siia, et ehk on keegi kes oskab õigesse suunda juhatada, kuna tegemist on usa kastiga ja äkki on keegi selle konkreetsega miskitpidi tuttav.

Probleem nimelt selline, et kui auto on külm, siis ei taha käiku sisse panna, lükkad kangi d peale (või kuhu iganes), siis auto ei tee midagi, ja kui pööret anda siis vaikselt nagu püüab end liigutada, kuid mitte piisavalt et liikuma hakata. Kui auto on käinud kuskil 15 min, siis hakkab kast tööle ja probleemi nagu pole. Samas on aga see, et tugevate pöörete peal ta korraks lülitab kasti tagant ära, sama lugu võib juhtuda kui tühipööretega seista tükk aega foori taga.
Kui olla näiteks kallaku peal, nina ülespidi, siis auto edaspidi ei taha minna, küll aga läheb tagurpidi.
Samuti probleem kaob ära kui lisada õli üle normi. Muidu on õli normis.

Lugesin kusagilt sellist väga teoreetilist juttu selle kohta, et tal on õli reservuaaris õlifilter, mis ühendub pumbaga vahetoru abil. Seal käidi välja teooria et õlifilter on võibolla natuke ära vajunud toru küljest, ning et filtri (mis on õlis) ja toru (mis on õli kohal) vahele tekib pragu kust hakkab õhku imema. Kui aga õli soeneb/paisub, siis jõuab ta üle selle piiri ning hakkab taas tööle, kuna imeb siis juba sealt vahelt.

Ise olen kahjuks täielik võhik mis puutub automaatkäigukastidesse, ning loodan, et ehk keegi oskab head nõu anda, ülevalolevat teooriat kummutata/kinnitada või mõnda usaldusväärsesse norm. hinnaklassiga parandusse suunata.
01.10.2002 at 17:16
Vanaisa

parandab asju muidugi Imre, kes pesitseb Paldiski mnt-l. 05045555 on number, ehk arvab kohe midagi...

01.10.2002 at 17:23
Indrek
Üldiselt on sinu poolt kirjeldatud viga märk sellest, et tuleb teha kastile vähe põhjalikum hooldusprogramm.
S.t. tihendid on vanad ja kivistunud, kast tuelb lahti võtta, vahetada kõik tihendid, filter ja kõik üle vaadata.
Pakun remondi hinnaks orienteeruvalt 4-6 kilo.
Imre kõrval teine võimalus on Ahto, Ameerika Auto.
01.10.2002 at 17:41 Last edited 02.10.2002 at 11:52 by Indrek
hermit
Eks ma hakkan siis autoga mööda parandusi vurama kui ta ükskord mootori remondist tuleb, ehk siis saab ka targemaks.
02.10.2002 at 11:50
Vanaisa

quote:
hermit: Eks ma hakkan siis autoga mööda parandusi vurama kui ta ükskord mootori remondist tuleb, ehk siis saab ka targemaks.

Imrele võid ehk ka niisama jutu ära rääkida - ta ehk oskab kohe midagi arvata. Aga see remontkomplekt/tihendid variant on küll kõige tõenäolisem...

02.10.2002 at 12:16
jyrki
I don't envy you if you have to remove the trans:) "remove the bonnet, remove the radiator, remove the engine with the transmission. Now you can easily unbolt the tranny."
02.10.2002 at 14:07
hermit
Heh, no wonder :) But fortunately it should be possible to take the tranny out without getting the engine out. I just had the engine overhaul done without taking it out. It was a bit more difficult, but worth the trouble. Its would be quite a job taking a jag v12 out. Not counting the stuff that's in front of it. Quite a lot of wrench-time :). There were serious doubts from other people (jag-lovers.org) if the engine can be overhauled without taking it out. Some people had done it, and fortunately my mechanic managed to do it also. There is one thing, I cant imagine how did he get the exhaust manifold lower nuts loose... There is simply NO WAY to access them. If you take the engine out, the manifolds come with it, but somehow he managed to get them loose with the engine in car, so he could tilt the engine with a jack and get the heads off. It was impossible to get them off when the engine was in normal position.

So considering this, i believe that the transmission should come off without too much fuss... or at least it should be possible :)
02.10.2002 at 14:50
jyrki
Don't know about the V12 model, my only experience is with a series 2 XJ6 and in that case there is simply no way to get the trans out without some cutting or removing the engine. There are about a million flange bolts that are about 15 cm long and absolutely no room in the trans tunnel. Maybe the TH 400 is easier than the Borgwarner.
02.10.2002 at 15:00
hermit
It should be easy, there should be several hatches on the bottom of the car to make maintenance and accessing the bolts easyer. And the thing can be lowered quite a bit to give working room. I dont know about borg-warner, but the removing the gm400 should be easy... at least should... but actually I have heard that before. One time me and a friend decided to change the steering rack mount bushings... we started at 7pm, and wanted to get ready by 9pm, max10pm. We finished 4am. We couldnt leave the job to another day because we did it in my friends garage. The car didnt fit in there so we couldnt close the doors and he didnt want to leave them open for the night. And I couldnt drive or push the car because the steering rack was hanging under it. So what comes of the transmission... there may be surprises :).

Say... you say you have been dealing with jags... you wouldnt know a good used parts suppy somewhere near? I order mine from australia... it is somehow (dont know how) cheaper than to order them directly from england, and these are new parts (5 times cheaper than from our local VikingMotors). But I have been looking for a source on used parts for a long time, but havent found since. There was a guy who sold old jags to parts here, but last time he wanted almost the same price as Viking for a new speedometer, and he had an old one. And he sold me a passenger side mirror. I have RHD car, and the mirror was from a LHD car, so i cant see anything, but the passenger gets a nice wiew behind :) So that source is off.
02.10.2002 at 15:20
hermit
The RHD, LHD stuff... it should be the other way around :) :)
02.10.2002 at 15:42
jyrki
I have dealt with those bushungs too! And actually with about everything else in the car; currently it sits on it's left side with not a single part attached. The parts are around my brothers garage,,at least I hope so. All the welding is done and it should be about time to start pianting it and putting back together. We have ordered the parts directly from England and I do not know a place here where you could get used parts. Except for Keltainen Pörssi, perhaps.
02.10.2002 at 15:54
hermit
The nice part about those bushings was that someone (previous owner perhaps) had done the job, but put it together without the U shaped plate, that meant that the solid iron clamps were heavily bent and the rack just didnt go back in with the U shaped thingy :)

About the parts... I just thought that perhaps you know someone with a parts car who would be interested in parting some of them etc. Say... I understood you a series 2? You wouldnt have extra 4 door handle backs (in the interior). I know that these are supposed to be chrome on series2, but are black plastic on series 3. That is for an example a part that I am looking for. I am not too interested in buying used mechanical/wearing etc. parts, but I am interested in getting stuff that makes the car look better/more comfortable ( i dont mean wings or spoilers here ;) ). Badges, etc, interior bits and pieces... for an example rear reading lamp lens with the stuff thats in the lamp. Or the passenger side mirror, altough I have bought that already... but i have told that story already... havent I. Or for an example the chrome ring that goes around the outer front lights... or the lenses in back bumper and so on.
02.10.2002 at 16:08
jyrki
Sorry, took me abit long to find out if anyone hsa used parts for XJ's, but here it is:
Brittiosa
Hirvihaarantie 593, 04680 Hirvihaara
p. +358-19-6648256
fax +358-19-6648256
avoinna ark. huolto ja varaosat 8.30-17
- Huollot - Korjaukset - Varaosat
- Jaguar - Rover - Range-Rover - Mini - Triumph - MG
- Myös purkuosia XJ-malleihin

about 30 km from Helsinki
04.10.2002 at 12:51
hermit
Well, I guess I'll call there before I go to Helsinki again. Perhaps I'll find something i need there.
Thanks.

By the way, its nice to see that someone is restoring a series2. I saw one here in estonia, behind a small workshop near Rapla town. The mechanics there told that the owner wants to restore it, but it was in a quite sorry state and looked like it had been standing there for years. It had a manual gearbox by the way.
04.10.2002 at 15:51
tqhq.ee foorum : Hooldus ja remont : GM400 käigukasti probleemid  
Account recovery

muskelautod | kiirendusvõistlused | tehnika | üritused | autoesitlused | foorum | sõnastik | kalkulaatorid
tqhq'st | sisukaart | e-mail
© tqhq.ee 2000 - 2024. Loe meie materjalide linkimisest ja kopeerimisest.